Our team at Snuggles is committed to providing a safe, secure, happy, family environment for the children in our care where they have opportunities to learn through their play. We offer opportunities for children to become independent learners with the support of experienced qualified highly motivated staff who have a strong passion to support and nurture the children while preparing them for their future, we work closely with families and carers to enable us to deliver the correct tools to support their children in ways that meet their own individual needs.
Snuggles is a bright and airy open plan nursery that offers a variety of different spaces and areas for children to explore freely both indoors and outdoors. All our staff hold a minimum qualification of level 3 in child care and are supported fully in updating and improving their professional development. We offer a safe and secure area for our babies led by our Senior Nursery Nurse. This offers babies a warm, cosy space to explore and learn alongside their friends and key person.
Other parts of our free flow room are equipped to meet the needs of children who are more active and enjoy exploring and experimenting. These areas are led by our Deputy Manager who ensures they offer different spaces for the children to explore their individual interests.
Some of the different areas available are:
- A snug area where your child can sit and look at a book or listen to a story with their friends using our listening station and a range of quality books.
- Our natural environment interest area to explore bugs and objects using magnifying glasses and exploratory resources.
- A construction area that gives the children opportunities to create using a range of quality resources.
- A creative area offering your child the experience of exploring using a variety of different resources.
- A role play area that offers both imaginative opportunities encouraging the children to build valuable life skills.
We have an under-cover outdoor area that leads up to another space where we can grow our own fruit and vegetables and home a sensory garden. There is a separate grassed area where the children can discover a wide range of experiences in our walk-in sandpit or explore our musical wall as well as taking part in a wide range of other exciting opportunities.
Our team aims to work closely with the local community offering children experiences they are able to access out of the nursery setting such as buying our fruit and vegetables from our local shops in the high street as well as visiting the local library and parks in the surrounding areas.